Monday 15 January 2007

So far so good...

70,000 words.
70,000 words.
It gives me a buzz every time I say it. Because that’s 70,000 words more than I had this time last year.
I was looking for a bit of motivation to see me through to the finish line when I stumbled upon the Novel Race on Kate Harrison’s website.
It worked.
Since emailing Kate I have written another 5,000 words.
75,000 words.
If I keep it up I could have the first draft finished in 5 weeks time!
And then, as I know from all the ‘how to write a book’ books I have read, the hard work really starts. Editing! Bring it on…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the racers! 5000 words is great progress.

Sarah Lefebve said...

Thanks Liz!

Just being part of this community of writers is motivating in itself.

It's great having like-minded people to chat to....I think my friends are getting bored of me going on about my novel!

Unknown said...

I know mine are!!